Dental & Vision Insurance in Dayton, OH
Most people understand the importance of health insurance, but many don’t have dental or vision insurance. Even if you haven’t had any issues related to teeth or vision, preventive care is essential for maintaining your health and wellness.
What Is Dental Insurance?
Dental insurance can help pay for the expenses associated with routine dental care and other procedures related to your teeth and gums. This coverage can help you maintain your oral health while reducing the costs you would have to pay out of pocket for dental services. Dental insurance typically helps pay for dental cleanings, exams and X-rays.
How Do I Pick a Dental Insurance Plan?
Choosing a dental insurance plan involves considering several factors to select one that meets your needs. Here are some steps to help you pick a dental insurance plan:
- Consider your oral health and dental history.
- Research available plans.
- Review the coverage details of each plan carefully.
- Check if the plan includes a network of dentists near you or if you can visit out-of-network providers.
- Consider the monthly premiums, deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance amounts.
- Review waiting periods and exclusions.
- Seek recommendations and consult professionals.
What Is Vision Insurance?
When you have vision insurance, you will pay a premium in exchange for benefits such as discounted vision exams, glasses and contacts. Some plans will require you to see a provider in the plan’s network, while others require you to be treated by an optometrist or ophthalmologist. Vision insurance typically helps cover annual exams, glasses and contact lenses.
Providers may also offer additional coverage options for services such as additional appointments and LASIK surgery. Note that if you need medical eye surgery or treatment for conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts, it will usually be covered by your health insurance instead of your vision insurance.
How Do I Use Vision Insurance?
Using vision insurance typically involves the following steps:
- Familiarize yourself with the specific details of your vision insurance plan.
- Determine what services and products are covered under your vision insurance plan.
- Find in-network providers.
- Schedule an eye exam.
- Understand co-pays and deductibles.
- If your vision insurance plan covers prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses, work with the eye care provider to choose the appropriate options.
- Submit claims and pay any remaining costs.
- After submitting the claim, monitor the progress and follow up with your insurance provider if necessary.
Contact Universal Insurance Agency to discuss your dental and vision insurance needs. We can help you find the coverage you need.